An apple for the teacher...
It's really nothing new.
Except when you remember,
Parents are teachers, too!
I am so excited to be apart of your team when it comes to educating your child. I could not do this alone, and nor would I want to. I will be turning to you frequently throughout the year to better know and understand your child, and I hope we build a strong partnership as your child's teachers!
~Ways you can help at home~
- Please try to establish a bedtime routine where your child gets at least 8 hours sleep.
- Have your child eat a breakfast every morning, whether at home or school.
- Encourage your child to complete their homework and support them if needed.
- Read, read, read! Read to them, with them, and have them see you reading to yourself
- Show them how math is incorporated into every day life. If you need ideas just ask!
- Ask questions about their day. Read their metacognition journal over the weekend, respond!
- Give them time to play!
~Ways you can help at school~
- I would love to have parent volunteers to help in the classroom. Please contact me!
- Join the PTA/PTO to help the school community
- Surprise the class as a mystery reader! Come and read your favorite short book.
- Chaperone field trips & class parties
- Come to parent nights!
- Please pack a nutritious snack for child each day. If you can't afford it or forget I will provide something for your student. Studies show snacks help developing brains at this age.
- If you would like to contribute to the classroom supply wishlist that would be AMAZING.
- Complete and return any permission slips or questionnaires I send about your child.
- If you or some one you know has a special skill or works for a place that would be willing to let us learn about their business please let me know. I really like to get community involved!
Some other important things to remember:
- Birthdays: I won't have students celebrating their individual birthdays this year. Instead we will have a HUGE birthday party for EVERYONE at the end of the year! Of course, students can mention their birthdays and we will say "Happy Birthday", but we won't be making a big deal about it until the party! This way students that have their birthdays while on holiday won't feel left out, and also families that can't bring treats to the whole class won't be singled out as well. I would like the party to be a huge success so if you would like to participate in the celebration please let me know.
- Homework: To see the current homework please go to the homework tab. I will post the new calendar every month with a link to google.docs. I will also send the calendars home the first Monday of the month
- Conferences & Testing: I will put more information here about that as it gets closer and also in the important dates tab (another area you should check frequently).